Thursday 14 December 2017

I'm Back with Process #59!

Hello!!!
I have been a very bad blogger, and for that I apologize! It has been quite some time since we have updated or posted anything here, but don't worry, there are still many videos being posted over on Youtube and photos posted in Instagram (sporadically). 

I am - finally - back here with another blog post. This layout I created using mostly the Crate Paper Cute Girl Ephemera pack. I just can't get enough of the adorable acetate elements and the colourful pieces included in this collection. 




As I started this layout, I had already decided that I wanted to concentrate the elements vertically above the centre of the page. I started with the white side of an "ugly" paper and prepped it with Gesso. Then I took some of my Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in purple, pink and teal and applied them each with the packaging technique allowing the colours to dry in between.

Then I matted my photo with papers from an old Studio Calico kit and some pink tulle. Then, I got to work on selecting the embellishments. 



I rarely use mixed media but I think this was a good way to get into it. I knew most of it was going to be covered so I wasn't too worried that it didn't look "right". There is no right way to do mixed media but it can be a little overwhelming and intimidating. I suggest starting with the intention that you may only want a little of it peeking through, depending on the look you are going for. 



I had a lot of fun creating this layout and really like the way it turned out! Have a look at the video for the entire process and let me know what you think. 



Thank you so much for joining me!

No comments:

Post a Comment