Thursday 2 February 2017

Lay It Out Thursday with Imelda - Scrapbook Process # 9 *Favourite Place

Hi Everyone!
Well I'm back after a one week (unintentional) hiatus. The hubs and I went to Negril Jamaica for a destination wedding. It was absolutely amazing! Even more so since we live in Canada and have been having a cold cold winter! 

I had this layout completed and filmed before we left for Jamaica and fully intended on recording the voiceover and posting last Thursday. I underestimated how much of a pull the sun has on me and so I didn't get the opportunity to get anything done. My laptop spent a lonely week inside a safe. Anyhow, I'm back now and here is the post!

I began with the Studio Calico June 2015 Kit Galileo in mind and wanted to scrap two, maybe three of the photos that I used. I am still getting the hang of printing on my Canon Selphy - sometimes they come out too big, sometimes too small. This time, the photos were too small to cut apart and so I decided I would just use the collage as is - with 7 photos!!! I printed the photos in colour, but didn't like the combination of the colours with the elements in the Galileo kit, so I turned to the August 2015 SC Kit Pop Art. The colours worked out much better.



The layout was an entry to the Scrapbook.com January 2016 Round Robin Challenge. I was on Team 4 week 3. The layout before me had the focus in a circle and so I ran with that. I used the acetate circles included in the kit. I sewed over the circles with my sewing machine and added some splatters and sequins. I'm not crazy about the background paper that I matted my white sheet on but it is done. I might have to go back and change it later. 



Have any of you ever gone back and changed a layout after you considered it to be done? I am seriously considering it for this one. 

This weekend my sisters and I are going to a 24 hour all night crop and so I hope to have lots of material to post in the coming weeks! Stay tuned. Hope you all have a great weekend!!

xo Imelda

No comments:

Post a Comment