Saturday 18 March 2017

Lay It Out Thursday with Imelda - Process #18 & 19

Hi everyone! 
Well As you can see from the heading, I have TWO 12x12 processes for you today! Woohoo!  Kids and I are on what we call March Break here in Canada. I guess in the States you might call it Spring Break. I don't know if everyone gets a spring break or just College/University students, but here March Break is for elementary and secondary students, "Reading Week" is for University/College. 
Anyhow, I decided that I was going to use my March break to video lots of process videos for you since I have been so inspired by the February 2017 Felicity Jane Kit "London". I am expecting my March kit tomorrow and know that I will be busily working on that, so every Thursday I am posting two layouts! I'm surer excited! 

The first layout for this week is entitled My Whole World.



I knew since I didn't get to use it on the last layout that I wanted to use the "my whole world" stamp. Having the stamps out, I decided that I wanted to stamp some more and added some of the flower stamps which I fussy cut and used as embellishments.  The only things I used that were part of my stash were the doily, Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in black, and the enamel dots.  This kit was perfect to mix and match to suit a layout I feel is well balanced with femininity and masculine elements. 



You can watch the process here:

The second layout I created for today is "#LOL". It is a layout of my daughter while we were out for dinner as a family. I believe she was being her usual silly little self, and speaking in her own made up"language". We had to try to guess what she was trying to say, but of course that wasn't so easily done. All of our guesses were equally as silly as what she was actually saying. Regardless, we had lots of fun!

Again, I used the Felicity Jane London kit. I absolutely enjoyed fussy cutting the flower paper and really love the little hint of teal I left. I backed the photos onto white card stock to give it the Photo Booth feel and mounted them all on some tulle. I am still obsessed with tulle - which is a good thing because I have heaps of it! 



I layered the flowers, some flat, some on dimensional, some half and half, and placed them all behind the tulle on the right side of the layout. I did not want to detract from the flowers so the rest of my embellishing occurred on the left side of the layout. I focused on pinks, blacks and white. 


Here is the process: 


These layouts were so easy to create since I felt very inspired by the products! I hope to use the stamps much more! Please subscribe to our YouTube channel as there will be many more layouts to come! 

Enjoy your "March Break" "Spring Break" or whatever you call it.  Hope you have found some inspiration and are creating beautiful things!

-xo Imelda

No comments:

Post a Comment