Thursday 30 March 2017

Lay it Out Thursday with Imelda - Process #22 & 23

Hi everyone!
Hope you have all had a great week! I am back today with another TWO 12x12 layouts! I am absolutely loving the Felicity Jane kits. This is the second kit I have received! Both layouts included below have been created using the gorgeous Jane kit!

I felt right away that I loved this kit, but was a little weary and definitely felt the challenge since there was quite a bit of green included this month. Green is not typically my colour, however I just love love love the mint green! Maybe I'm just into the pastels?

Anyhow, for the first layout, I knew that I wanted to use the Gold thickets, but with the green I did not want the layout to look too St. Patty's-like. As you can see in the process video, I did include the bright green, but place velum over it in order to soften it. Then, I placed the title with the gold thickets and it didn't give me the leprechaun feel. SCORE!


I was able to use lots of the stamps that were included in the kit, only because I decided to stamp them ahead of time and fussy cut them! I used them as embellishments instead! I really loved the way they came out and I feel that I ended up using them more than I would have, if I hadn't done so.


Stamping them and fussy cutting allowed me to use them as layering pieces as well! 


I added some Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in gold, as well as some Studio Calico rub on stars, which matched perfectly with the gold confetti pieces and thickets included in the kit. 


I messed up near the end of the process but I was able to fix it! Check out the video to see how I was able to solve my little mishap. I tried with the journalling, but ended up placing the journalling near the bottom as you can see. 


The second layout I chose to scrap a photo of my sisters and I. Here's a look at all three Scrappy Sisters! 


I started with some texture paste and a stencil that I created with my Silhouette Studio software. 


I loved mixing the wood veneer textures with the colour of the fussy cut flowers. And the cut out of Jane was just perfect with her curly hair, she reminds me of my sister Emma! The only parts that were not included in the Jane kit were the doily, gold Heidi Shine, texture paste, Tim Holtz word stickers and this little pink label. This pink label came from the previous month's kit "London. "



I still have quite a lot of bits and pieces from the London kit and am leaving them out on my desk until I use most of it up. I love these kits so much and we are so lucky that they still coordinate so well together. 

I really enjoyed creating two layouts a week, and hope you enjoyed the posts as well as the videos. I am hoping to continue posting two videos a week, possibly a Stash Busters Saturday and Lay It out Thursday. 

Please let me know what you think, would you love to see something else from us?
Thanks so much for joining me this week, and I hope you will check out the process videos. 




xo Imelda


No comments:

Post a Comment