Thursday 23 March 2017

Lay it Out Thursday with Imelda Process #20 & #21

Hello everyone!
I am so happy to be bringing you another two layouts I created using the Felicity Jane "London" kit! I  was quite busy this past week with the kiddies home from school, but luckily, I was home too! One of the perks of working at school! 

I'm sure most, if not all parents think they have the greatest children ever, but believe me I really do. This first layout is basically documenting the relationship they have and how wonderful they are together. My kids are about 26 months apart they absolutely get along fabulously. Yes they once in a while have a little spat but its usually as a result of one of them not wanting to play at that moment with the other. My daughter, who is the oldest is an absolutely great big sister. She's always so helpful and definitely looks after her little brother. I even have photos (an old old old layout I created) of her as she helped change his diapers! My son, obviously the younger also looks after his sister and is always a sweet gentleman! 

Wow, I am just gushing, but hey, proud mama here! 

Anyhow, here is my layout:


One of my favourite elements included in the kit were the enamel heart and star shapes. I didn't use the stars here but the hearts were just perfect.



Since I was documenting the relationship between these cuties and the love they have for each other, I came up with the title "Love this Love." I used the chipboard alphas for one Love and the cut apart sticker Love for the other. I didn't use this one as a sticker, just left it on the backing sheet and instead adhered it with some scotch quick dry and foam squares. 


I used my typewriter to include the word "this" in the centre. I left it small since I didn't want to detract from the emphasis on love. 



I just love these colours together! The London kit was perfect as a mixed girly/boyish layout! And hey look! No tulle this time... I miss it though.

For my second layout, I wanted to focus on how to use up my scraps that were quickly collecting in my kit. I ended up cutting my photos into approximately 2x3 rectangles. I cut various scrap pieces of papers to the same size and used them to layer under my photos as well as part of the grid. I went for a brick wall type layout. 


 This was also perfect for using up the little embellishments that I hadn't gotten the chance to use yet, and the ones I couldn't see my self using up. I'm not usually one to use the colour yellow on my layouts, or even to incorporate more than a few different colours, but all of these tiny hits of brightness here and there were perfect! 


For this layout, I wanted to document the silliness that is my little family, and our inability to take a decent family selfie. As my journalling states, whenever I try to take a family selfie, either someone is making a silly face, looking in the wrong direction or is being cut off my the camera. In some instances it could be a combination of all those things! 


Even though these photos aren't perfect, I loved putting them on a layout. They are great in showing how much fun we have together, even during those frustrating times when I am trying to get the perfect photo! Lets not get caught up in getting the perfect photo and just capture those moments when we are the way we are! 

Thanks so much for making it all the way to the end of this blog post. I commend you for sticking it through! 

If you'd like to see more have a look at the process videos posted on our YouTube channel! 



Thank you so much for looking! Have a great weekend and we hope to see you again next week! 

xo Imelda

No comments:

Post a Comment